Assistant Professor, Sun Yat-sen University, East Campus
Advanced Pixel Technologies in Biomedical X-ray Imaging; Biomedical Sensors and Actuators: Material, Device, and System; Macroelectronics: Display, Touch, and Photovoltaics
Appointments and Affiliations:
- Senior Hardware Engineer, Apple Inc. , USA, 2011-2013
- NSERC Postdoctoral Fellow, Thunder Bay Health Science Centre, Canada, 2008-2011
- PhD, University of Waterloo, Canada, 2004-2008
- Kai Wang, Hai Ou, and *Jun Chen, “Dual-Gate Photo Thin-Film Transistor based Active Pixel Sensor for Indirect-Conversion X-ray Imaging,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. 62, No. 9, 2894-2899 (2015).
- Kai Wang, Shiva Abbaszadeh, Karim S. Karim, John Rowlands, and Alla Reznik, “Ion beam assisted deposition of a mixed cerium oxide hole blocking contact for multilayer amorphous selenium devices,” IEEE Sensors Journal, Vol. 15, 3871-3876 (2015).
- Kai Wang, Feng Chen, Nicholas Allec, Fang Yuan, George Belev, Safa Kasap, and Karim S. Karim, “Amorphous selenium-based three-terminal X-ray detector with a gate,” IEEE Electron Device Letters, Vol. 32, 782-784 (2011).
- Kai Wang, Feng Chen, Nicholas Allec, and Karim S. Karim, “Fast lateral amorphous selenium metal-semiconductor-metal photodetector with high blue-to-ultraviolet responsivity,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. 57, 1953-1958 (2010).
- Kai Wang, and Karim S. Karim, “Silicon X-ray detector with integrated thin film transistor for biomedical applications,” IEEE Electron Device Letters, Vol. 31, 147-149 (2010).
- Kai Wang, Feng Chen, George Belev, Safa Kasap, and Karim S. Karim, “Lateral metal-semiconductor-metal photodetectors based on amorphous selenium,” Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 95, 013505 (2009)
- Kai Wang, Yuriy Vygranenko, and Arokia Nathan, “ZnO-based p-i-n and n-i-p heterostructure ultraviolet sensors: a comparative study,” Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 101, 114508-1-3 (2007).